Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Manicare - Believe in Ergonomics

First and foremost, after the ultra long CNY break, I want to to shout for joy
"I have finally cut my long 4th and small finger nails!"

I belong to the breed of females who not only don't like, but more or less hate long nails. I do not see the good of long nails other than it looking a little better when you go for manicure, because it has more space for you to draw on, and is longer thus slimmer.

Definitely not condemning girls with long nails, I think they look really pretty. Just that, I don't like long nails on my own hands.

I am very practical with nails, and I want mine for doing things, like typing, and smsing, not to mention that I need my fingers for opening things now and then - being free with my everyday movements.

I also don't like dirt in my nails, and I feel that clipping away is the best solution to hygiene.

As a matter of fact, the length of nail on my ring finger and small finger has reached a point that I keep typing the wrong letter. Ultra irritating. The reason I kept it was because I had manicure in Beijing, I like the shape, and I can't reproduce the shape that they cut for me.

So there I went, cutting my nails with my new little love:

Manicare Nail Clipper

Manicare ergonomically designed nail clipper.

I have bought quite a few items from Manicare so far, one of the latest ones being this nail clipper. I like the image that the sleek packaging gives, it looks very clean and reliable.

I've bought the fully metal nail clipper from Manicare for my SO quite some time ago too. But I find that this ergonomically designed one is much better!

I used to think the term "ergonomics" is rubbish. And that all these so called "designed-to-fit your body" are just gimmicks, wasting the company's R&D budget, and trying to waste consumers' money too.

After using this, I am forced to believe in the comfort that ergonomics can give to the user.

Bottom clipping plate that can twist at different angles, and the grooves on the holder to fit your fingers.

This nail clipper is super lightweight, and comfortingly silent. And I do mean silent. No more *kiap kiap kiap* while clipping! YET, the blades are really sharp, and cut dead skin and toenails so well. Used to think that only noisy clippers are sharp. LOL.

Till now, I have no use for the rotating clipping blade. But I like the way the holder has grooves and fits onto my fingers snugly.

I think the best part about this nail clipper is that it is safe for kids.

Hmmm, maybe I should take another picture of the blades from the front. But right now, I can tell you that the clipper is designed in a way that there is this slight, very slight bulge, so that the blade fronts will never reach your skin fully, thus no risk of accidentally cutting your skin/meat under the nails.

For those who know a bit more about cutting with the kitchen knife, imagine while trying cut the vegetable fast (like Chefs), you have to hold down the vege with your 4 fingers, while bending your fingers, so that the mid-joints juts out. This way, the kitchen knife will rest on your mid-joints, so no matter how blindly you cut, the blade will not reach your nails and your finger. No risk of chopping onto your fingers! =)

Manicare clipper works in the same way. Really, really safe. =)

How many of you out there also prefer short and clean nails to long ones?

And do you use a clipper or a small scissors for cutting your nails? I am still afraid of using the scissors now. Plus, I can't control the shape well if I use scissors.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar