Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Chanel Reviews, Part II - The Classic Flap Bag

For Chanel element I, visit here: Petite purchasing Tote and wallet on Chain evaluation

i get plenty of questions from readers who're thinking about a classic flap, but are not sure in which to begin due to the myriad of options obtainable. earlier than i purchased my bags, I did a number of studies on the distinct versions and the exceptional places to shop for from (saving that for a future submit). even though there may be no need to recognize exactly what you need, it's useful to be informed of your alternatives and to set a few tips. I understand it can be frightened at times because of snobby SA's, but I advise going on your nearby Chanel boutique and attempting on an expansion of bags. Write down the styles you want, then pass domestic, do studies, and save round for the pleasant charge.

*explanation: "2.fifty five" maximum accurately refers to Chanel's initial design with a mademoiselle lock and chain straps without a interwoven leather-based. This become re-launched in 2005 as the Reissue. but, the time period "2.fifty five" is now loosely used to refer to all flap luggage.* (source)

Chanel Flap variations:

1. length
The choice that I wavered the maximum on become length. I idea the small turned into going be too small, or the M/L became going to be too big. In fact, these two sizes are tremendously comparable and each of them work well for a person my height.

Retail prices below are for informational purposes only. I prefer to save by buying pre-owned. I've also linked to modeling pics on fellow petite women.

**UPDATE - Chanel classic flap retail prices as of February 1, 2012:
Medium/Large - $4400
Jumbo - $4900
Maxi - $5300 **

Prices as of June 2011:
Mini Mini or "New Mini" - $1900 7" x 2" x 2.5" (see on the PurseForum)
Mini - $2200, 6.5" x 5" x 2.5" (see on Wendy)
Small - $3700, 9" x 5.5" x 2" (see on me)
Medium / Large - $3900 10" x 6" x 2.5" (see on me)
Jumbo - $4300 12" x 8" x 3"  (see on Elle, Sunshine, and Khatu)
Maxi - $4700 13" x 9" x 4"

One length that I did not mention within the video (but could be very petite pleasant) is the East-West flap. this is longer in shape than the traditional, and has only a single flap. This changed into an inexpensive opportunity to the conventional, however sadly it's been discontinued. If fascinated, you may try your success inside the pre-owned marketplace. See the E/W on Kelly.
Small vs. Medium/Large (minimal difference)
clasicflap1
2. Leather Type
Lambskin vs. caviar is a totally non-public decision. i have met girls who strongly desire one over the alternative, and then there are some who love each. in spite of all of the research I did, I made the mistake of buying one bag in light-colored lambskin (I think black lambskin can be much less fussy). After sporting my lambskin bag just two times and usually storing it after use, i have already needed to deal with small dents, scratches, and fading. however, all of my caviar baggage were a breeze to hold.
Caviar vs. Lambskin
clasicflap2
3. Color and Hardware Combo
in case you decide upon to shop for new, a tip is to go to the Chanel boutique earlier than their subsequent series is available in, and ask to turn via their appearance book. Their book carries photographs of all of the styles and shades that they have on order. If you want to buy pre-owned, the net holds a large selection of various colour mixtures from years past.

As referred to inside the video, I assume Chanel is making an attempt to section out the small size that i have in this post. The mini, but, is making a return and could be available in black, red, army, and more as a part of their Autumn collection. The M/L and up sizes are normally to be had in a larger coloration choice.

In element III, i would like to proportion my revel in with shopping for each pre-owned and new, from a variety of locations. live tuned!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar