Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Canmake Gokubuto Volume & Colour Mascara

yay! I managed to translate the name directly from the Japanese Katakana. hahaha.

Recently, Canmake has been making quite a wave in the forum. With raves of the Gokubuto Volumizing Mascara as humongous as a tsunami. Canmake's Cream Cheeks Blushes are quite a hit too. And so is its highlighter, bronzer and eyeshadows.

I must admit, I am quite in love with the eyeshadow and bronzer myself. Especially the way the bronzer looks like chocolate. hahahaha.

But I think this post is going to disappoint a lot of people, because much I love the Gokubuto, there is one point I feel essential of mascaras that the Gokubuto absolutely fails in. (I feel I am too honest with my reviews sometimes. Very direct and outright brutal when with the products.)

Yup, so I have pre-framed you...

Canmake Gokubuto Volume & Colour Mascara


Available: Watsons $19.90

Volume: -

Star Properties: (as shown in picture below)

The Japanese Version says: Easy to remove using water, yet waterproof, and no "panda".


The English Version says: 1) Powerful Volume Effect, 2) Keep the Curl, 3) Easy to Remove, 4) Waterproof, 5) Stop the smudge, 6) Treatment Effect.

Packaging
As all Japanese products are, the packaging is overwhelmingly good. Honestly, which other mascara packs the tube so nicely, with such a good plastic case that I even feel can be reused.

The plastic case is sealed the McD Apple Pie way, which makes it very easy to open. No tearing and peeling. I still remember how I literally battled the Maybelline Gel Liner packing. They tape it up ALL over, I took at least 20 minutes to open it without cutting!

There is a little tuck in flap at the bottom allows you to push the pink tube up and out easily with your finger.

Then there is the mascara tube itself. What better colour than pink, and hot pink to be precise, to make girl stuff in?

It makes us just want to buy and have the little hottie in our makeup pouch. Something lovely to whip out in front of your friends. (I don't do all these stuff. I only see these scene in movies. Cos I don't even see the need to carry a makeup pouch out all the time. And strangely enough, the girls around me are neither concerned about skincare not makeup. :PPP)

The Brush
I love the brush! It's such a darling, cos it's not too long. My eyes are small =(( And the way they sort or make a little dent in the middle, so the brush is essentially peanut shape. This dent makes it easy to brush the full length of my eyelashes, while shaping the middle so that it curves up.

(I tested it without pre-curling. And the curling effect of the Gokubuto brush is pretty good! Maybelline straight brush can never do the same.)

I use the slightly sharper ends of the peanut shape to touch up my corner lashes, and sweep across my bottom lashes. And it was a breeze. =)

The bristles are also very fine and short. Definitely a long way since Maybelline invented its XXL. (I love the XXL, but the brush really cannot make it by today's standard.)

I think I still prefer cute little brush like the Gokubuto to comb ones. Both have their merits though.

The brush and wand. As can be seen, the peanut shape bristles of the brush, and really short length of the wand.

The Wand
I love short wands! One of the first thing that captured my eye, apart from the hot pink colour, is the much shorter tube, closer to a lipstick length than to a normal mascara length.

You know how recent inventions like the Volume Collagen, L'oreal Double Extend are not just fat, they are super duper long as well. (I wouldn't blame the Double Extend, since it's 2-in-1. But the Volume Collagen is pretty bulky isn't it?) That's why Gokubuto stands out.

Besides a shorter wand allowing the mascara to fit snugly into already tight squeezed makeup pouches, it also allows me to colour my lashes without accidentally getting the mascara all over my nose bridge.

I have the habit of holding pens and pencils very close to the tip, as I feel it allows much better control. The same goes for mascara wands. So Canmake really did it by bring the handle closer to the tip!

Volumizing Effect
Like all the raves tells, the volumizing effect is powerful!!! It made me go "OMG" when I use it.

It is not just powerful, it layers on pretty well too. So I could put 3-5 layers, and make my lashes plump up more and more.

This mascara is really godsend for typical Asians like myself, who are born with sparse, short and fine eyelashes.

I immediately told myself, "Maybelline XXL, it's time I throw you out. And in comes Gokubuto to my Holy Grail!"

Eyes open, Left = No mascara, Right = With Gokubuto

Eyes closed. I think it's pretty obvious which side has Gokubuto and which side doesn't.

Sorry about the really tired eyes, got dark circles...

Easy Wash-Off
True enough to its words, this mascara comes off so easily with water.

The good point about mascaras that comes up with water, is the easy smudge/wrong-move removal.

I am not very good with makeup, and I do frequently draw onto the rims of my eyes. lol. And I always have a hard time cleaning Maybelline XXL off my face. So the water wash-off Gokubuto really saves me when it comes to this aspect.

I am not particular about whether it is hard or easy to remove at the end of the day, because the makeup remover that I am using is really good. And I figured that I am going to use makeup remover at the end of the day anyway (I don't believe in taking the easy way out when it comes to makeup removing. It's a must to use cleansing oil, then double cleanse with cleanser, then use toner to test and ensure everything is gone.), so no point having a water wash-off mascara while my other makeup still requires the cleansing oil.

The easy come-off of the mascara just by using water.

The Great Disappointment
The Gokubuto promises that despite it being water-removable, it is waterproof, and does not comes off with tears and swear.

Sadly, this promise does not holds.

How disappointed I was when I teared from something hot I was eating. =((( While I was eating, my eyes suddenly felt irritated, and I rubbed it of course. I thought it was nothing, until it just got so irritated, I used a tissue to wipe my eyes. Guess what? The mascara came off.

Maybe it's just my tears are too strong or something, cos I didn't see any reviews complaining about smudges. But it does comes off with my tears.

Just when I thought Canmake Gokubuto should go into my HG, it came smudging on me. Sometimes I feel that still old, old, tried and tested formulas like my Maybelline XXL is more reliable.

I think this mascara can only be used if:
1) you don't tear easily and all the time (I do, cos I like to eat spicy, and I can't stand spicy, so I tear)
2) you don't yawn outside (I do on days that I don't get enough sleep, and if I stay out late)


Looking at it this way, the Gokubuto doesn't fit my lifestyle. I don't want to have to avoid steamy and spicy food just because I am afraid of tearing. And I find it pretty hard to make sure I don't yawn... ...

Sensitive Eyes
The tearing episode allows me to discover something else good about the Gokubuto though. The black liquid is not stinging. My eyes were just irritated because the mascara formed rubber-lead stuff when it got rubbed off. And it's the rubber-lead that felt like sand in my eye, and got me irritated.

Price
I think the price of $19.90 is pretty okay. Very much standard drugstore pricing for a mascara. And worth the volumizing effect.

I love it: 3 hearts.
I don't think I will buy it again after I finish this. By that time, there would probably be better mascaras that is water-removable, and really doesn't smudge on tearing.

All the credit is to the wonderful volumizing effect, and the hot pink short tube. =)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar